Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Last Day











Well our last day of our vacation was a long one. We spent the morning and part of the afternoon checking out a few more lights before driving home. All of these lighthouse were pretty close together on Lake Huron. Sorry they are not in order. I got confused when I was loading the pictures.

It is good to be home. I really like my neighborhood and house. It is good to sleep in my own bed and eat homecooked meals. I am looking forward to cooking. Did I really say that????

My son did a good job taking care of the pets and himself. Only my porch plants didn't survive the vacation. Boys just don't think to water plants. The birds that are nesting in them are probably wondering where all there protection went. HAhahaha

Thunder Bay ~ Nicely decorated in a cabin type decor. The tower is stone and the bell on the grounds is really loud.

Alpena Harbor ~ This skeletal type light was just a little thing inside the local harob. But it was in our book so we checked it out.

Presque Isle new and old ~ These light had great museums and we were able to climb both of them!

Presque Isle Range Lights ~ These two are very old and are now inland and used as a private residence.

Forty Mile Point ~ Great light! They gentleman that showed us around really knew his stuff. He took great pride in his volunteer job.

Cheboygan Crib Light Station & Old Cheboygan Lighthouse ~ These lights are tucked away in a small town. Only one is actually used as a neavigational aid.

Well, that is it for today. We saw NINE today and a total of 31 in the last seven day! Now that's an adventure. It will take me a year just to scrapbook all of these pictures. I better find my mojo.

Thanks for checking out my vacation entries. I hope you all have great summer adventures yourselves.

2 comments:

Madre said...

Hi there scrappy girl! Loved the pictures of your vacation. Have you visited my daughter's blog to see my little grandgirl/gymnast?

I know I am partial, but she sure is cute and talented!

Nutmeg said...

Such amazing pics!!