Friday, November 21, 2008

Snow and Cupcakes




It's cold here in Maryland. While walking Blue it began to flurry. So exciting to see snow this early in the season. So I had to grab my camera and snap a picture. Yes that is all it snowed but hey I can't be picky.

Most of you know I don't buy books. I either find it at the library or garage sales. But this one spoke to me! It is called 500 Cupcakes. The pictures alone just make your mouth water. Yes, there are 500 different varieties of cupcakes in this tiny book. So it is my goal to try out as many as I can.

My first creation was Cookies and Cream cupcakes. Yes, OREO cupcakes! I must say they were yummy. The best part of making these is that you just dump all the ingredients into the mixer and blend. Then add crushed cookies. So simple! Here is the recipe.

For the Cupcakes:
-1 cup sweet butter softened
-1 cup superfine sugar
-2 cups self rising flour
-1 tsp. baking powder
-4 eggs
-1 tsp. vanilla
-10 crushed Oreos

For the frosting:
-3 sups powdered sugar
-1 cup sweet butter
- pinch of salt
10 cruched Oreos

Oven 350. Combine all the cupcake ingredients, except cookies in bowl. Mix with electric mixer until smooth. Stir in cookies. Spoon into lined cupcake pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
Make frosting and sprinkle cookies on top. ENJOY!

Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Annie Mitchell said...

those do look yummy. i would end up eating the whole batch myself.

Nutmeg said...

Yum!! And your picture looks like it came out of the cookbook too!!

Anonymous said...

oh Carol... those look sooooooooo yummy!!!