Friday, April 1, 2011

Tupper WAR!

It is week #13 over at ORG JUNKIE
Photobucket
I took on a small but agonizing project this week, the dreaded plastic container cabinet. As you know I am a confessed stuffoholic. This area is no different. I just toss and stuff these little plastic container and lids in the cabinet. When it is time to put the leftovers in one of them I am digging and wasting precious time looking for matching pieces.

I use to keep every butter, cool whip, and meat….. container, because “that would make great storage for…..” I know other persons (to remain nameless) did/do this too. I have broken that habit for the most part.



So I took ALL the containers, lids, bowls, bottles, ice trays, cookie cutters (really?)  out of the cabinet.  I matched all the containers with lids.  I put the unmatched items and ones that I haven’t used in over a year into the recycle bin.  The cookie cutters back into its home. I sorted and stacked the bowls and containers.  Then I grabbed an unused basket for all the lids.
So there you have it.  It took about 20 minutes to complete this project.  I feel much lighter and I can find things much more easily.  Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Enjoy Birth said...

Tupperware is a challenging area! So many pieces and not too many matching - you did great!

Sandy Jenney - Organize with Sandy said...

Good job! Don't you hate organizing these cupboards? Just seems like they are such a pain to organize. I can stack the bowls,but having the family take the time to put them back in order is the hard part. lol
Thanks for your nice comments on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Ummm that would be me saying...well it's usable!! I was raised by a mother who lived through the depression...what can I say??? I have been able to let go of them though in the past few years.

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot said...

I have alot of Tupperware myself. I gave some away last year that I didn't use. I am thinking of redoing the whole thing eventually this year, with a pull out drawer, since it's so deep. Good job and keep up with it, espcially the lids. I have tried to put rectangle/square lids in front of round lids in back in TW cake container and thst works pretty well. :0-