Thursday, November 21, 2013

So Thankful

Just in time for Thanksgiving I made this fun wall hanging. 
I am trying to fill my house with photos of family and friends.  
This is a creative way to make a photo display. 
 I can change out the pictures as often as I like.
 I found the idea over on the 
You can find all the directions on her blog.
I made my version a bit differently.
4" high by 3' long by 1/2 inch thick

 I found my wood at Lowes.  I bought them for around 5.00 each.  I took some stain that I had in the garage and stained both sides of the wood.
My board is much smaller than the one over at Shanty 2 Chic.  So I had to figure out how to shrink down the letters.  Thank you Matthew for figuring that out for me.  Next I printed them out onto cardstock.  I Mod Podged them onto the board.  I left enough space between the letters to put the clips.


I bought the same clips as Shanty 2 Chic.  I found them at Michaels.  They are a bit pricey, so I used a coupon.

My wood was not thick enough to use upholstery tacks, so I cut the ends off brads and glue dotted them onto the corners.  You could use buttons too.  But I have tons of brads so that worked for me.

Now after I hot glued all the clips on I thought it was good to go.  But my son went to drill holes for the hanger and they began to pop off.  So I got some Super Glue and glued them securely in place.

I used black yarn for the hanger.
Then I just printed some pictures of family and friends!

You can find all my craft tutorials under 
the tab at the top of my blog.
Thanks for stopping by.
Have a blessed day.






No comments: