Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Crafts

 Sorry I have been away for awhile.  I have been taking a break so I could enjoy the Christmas season with my family and friends.  
Today I want to share what I have made over the last few weeks.  I made this cute little tree I found on Pinterest.  All you need are some Thickers (letters) from Michael's, 1x2 board and some white paint.  

First cut your pieces of wood and sand them.  I made my base 2", the bottom word 8.5" and slowly made each level smaller as I went up.  
 
 The letters are sticky but I glued them down to make sure they were going to stay in place.  There are not enough E's so I cut some B's into E's to make it work.  That way you only need one package of letters.
I cut a heart from chip board and glued it on.  Then you paint it white.  It took a few good coats.  Then I glued it together with wood glue.  You don't have to do that, but my tree is sitting on a shelf that gets bumped.  So I didn't want to have to pick up all the pieces each time.   

Next up are some cute little felt hearts.  You can put them on your tree or hang them on knobs around your house.  They would also make cute Valentine decorations. 

 I also made some fun gift tags for the kids presents this year.  Yes, I found the idea on Pinterest. 
 I sure do like that site!

I printed off color copies of a couple of my favorite pictures from the past year and Mod Podged them onto very thin pieces of wood.  Let them dry over night and then rub the paper off the to with a wet cotton cloth.  I used my wood burning tool to add a cute heart and year to the back.  

 
The last thing I want to show you are the Christmas cards I made this year.  I usually make three different kinds and try to use only the supplies I have around my craft room. 


 I hope you had a fabulous time over this past 
Christmas holiday. I will be sharing our holiday pictures with you soon.  Have a blessed day.