Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Finish 2013 Smash*book


 I have finished my 2013 Smash*book!  It is my first completed book.  Yes, it is very chunky and I love it!   

I really liked working in the Smash format.  I didn't have to "plan" my pages and have to have just the right stuff to complete a page.  I am using up all my old papers and stickers.  Not to say that I don't go out and buy new cute papers, but it is not happening as much.

I found these pictures from our trip to CO this past summer and had to add them to our book.  I loved going to the game with my son and his now wife!  It was fun to see them embrace their new hometown and root for the Rockies.  But I am happy the Cubbies pulled out a WIN!  

 I made a pocket for the map and brochures from our trip to Dolly Wood.  I also put journaling on the back of a picture and made a washi tab so you can easily pull it out and read it.

On our Thanksgiving page I wrapped a chipboard frame with washi tape and made a pocket for all the leaves we wrote on during the month.  I used up a lot old stickers on this page.
 Old rub-ons and fussy cuts from some paper made these pages come together nicely.  
 These pages have a ton of journaling about all the games we played at Christmas.  Do you see the flair (buttons)?  Those are from JC Penny's promotion last year.  I took the pins off the back and they make great embelishments.
My last one for the year was our Christmas celebration.  We celebrate on Christmas Eve, with church and present time.  It was so nice to have the kids home at Christmas.  As they get older and we don't see them as much, moments like this are very special! 

Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day!

No comments: